Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Milano Marathon 2000

Running a marathon has been another one nice experience for me. I decided to try it after a bet with a friend of mine... I wasn't trained for running the 42,195 meters that distinguish the length of a marathon but I wanted to participate the same. The result was quite obvious: after 20 km of marathon my knee began to hurt as I never felt before, and continue running it has been a terrible suffering... For my luck I talked with a man who decided to run with me to support my pain and to reach the end together; if I was alone I'd have never reached the finish line. The pain for my knee was really hard to endure and still running meant a great proof of will for me. I remember the last 10 km as the most terrible in my life: it was a rainy and cold day of December and I wasn't able to run anymore, I was walking fast but in a such condition 10 km require a lot of time... When I entered the very center of Milan after 5 hours of running, I was completely exhaust and I wasn't able to bend my leg... The man beside me said: "...and so you're going to finish your first marathon!". I was really happy for that, it was great and unbelievable, but in my mind there was one only thought: "First and last... never more!!!". I was wrong... The next year I'd have been there to run the half-marathon, and I bet in the future I'll try a marathon again!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home